It is safe to say I am now obsessed with these no bake bars! Making these no bake bars brings back good memories of making no bake cookies as a kid. When I was little I always remember dropping them from the spoon onto the paper and then waiting what seemed liked forever before you could actually eat them.
A couple years ago when I was in Cali we made no bake bars and they were vegan and gluten free and tasted amazing! I made them once when I got back and they turned out amazing and everyone loved them! So I made them again and they turned out super dry so ever since then I wrote them off and never made them until a few weeks ago!
There’s a vegan café in Bellevue called Jujubeet Juice car and they make to die for no bake balls! Ever since I had one a few months ago it stirred my desire to try making them again! So I browsed Pinterest for a while to try and find a good vegan recipe, but honestly I didn’t really find any that looked super good. So I went with a regular no bake bar recipe and then altered it to be vegan. You could also make this gluten free but using gluten free oats, Trader Joe’s has good ones!
This has also been a dangerous recipe because you pretty much already have these ingredients on hand and they are super quick to make! Don’t blame me if you are wanting to make these all the time 😉
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 non dairy milk- I use almond milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups oats
- Optional- Coconut Flakes
- Add the first 5 ingredients to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Let boil for 1 minute and then remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and let it melt.
- Add vanilla
- Dump oats sauce pan and mix
- Pour into an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray the pan.
- Put into the fridge for at least 30 minutes. You can eat them around 30 minutes but they will still be a bit crumbly.
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do! It really is a great easy dessert for summer because its so quick and doesn’t make your kitchen super hot by having the oven on. These are always a crowd please!
Happy baking friends!